Cerebral Palsy Info Packet
Support for Families has produced the following information packet to assist families and professionals with their search for essential information and access to resources. We hope that they are helpful and invite you to contact us with questions or comments.
Download the entire PDF packet in your preferred language below, or scroll down to find links to each section of this packet.
Section 1: Fact Sheets and Diagnosis
- “Cerebral Palsy Fact Sheet” by National Dissemination Center for Children with Disabilities (NICHCY), updated by Center for Parent Information and Resources (CPIR)
- “Cerebral Palsy: Hope through Research” by the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke
Section 2: Strategies for Home and School
- “Ch. 4: Helping Your Child Learn Motor Skills,” [pdf] Teaching Motor Skills to Children with Cerebral Palsy and Similar Movement Disorders by Sieglinde Martin, M.S., P.T.
- “Assistive Technology 101” [pdf] by Family Center on Technology and Disability
- “Make Book Time Fun and Educational for Children with Cerebral Palsy (CP)” by Reach Out and Read, Inc. and Reading Rockets
- “Cerebral Palsy: Medical/Disability Information for Teachers” by Government of Alberta, Education
Section 3: How to Work with Professionals
- “Types of Treatment/Interventions” by CP Daily Living
- “Physician’s Guide: Assisting Adolescents with Cerebral Palsy in Transition to Adult Healthcare” [pdf] by United Cerebral Palsy and Cerebral Palsy International Research Foundation (no longer available online)
Section 4: Resources
Let us know what you think! These resources do not endorse any services or programs listed, nor are they to be considered an exhaustive listing of organizations or websites. If you find any incorrect information, if you would like to offer feedback, or if you know of additional resources that may be helpful to include in the future, please contact us