ADHD Info Packet
Support for Families has produced the following information resource to assist families and professionals with their search for essential information and access to resources. We hope that they are helpful and invite you to contact us with questions or comments.
Download the entire PDF packet in your preferred language below, or scroll down to find links to each section of this packet.
Section 1: Fact Sheets and Diagnosis
- "Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Fact Sheet" by National Dissemination Center for Children with Disabilities (NICHCY), updated by Center for Parent Information and Resources (CPIR)
- "Diagnosis: What Conditions Can Coexist with ADHD?“ excerpted from “Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder” by National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH)
- "ADHD and the DSM 5" by Children and Adults with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (CHADD)
- "Does My Child Have ADHD?", "Evaluting Your Child for ADHD", "NICHQ Vanderbilt Assessment Scale - PARENT", "NICHQ Vanderbilt Assessment Scale - TEACHER" [pdfs] by The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) & National Initiative for Children’s Healthcare Quality (NICHQ)
Section 2: Strategies for Home and School
- "My Child Has Been Diagnosed with ADHD - Now What?" by Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- "For Parents of Children with ADHD" [pdf] by AAP & NICHQ
- "Managing ADHD with Medication: an Overview" by GreatSchools
- "Teaching Children with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder: Strategies and Practices" by U.S. Department of Education
Section 3: How to Work with Professionals
- "Questions to Ask Professionals who Diagnose or Treat ADHD" by GreatSchools
- "Educational Rights for Children with ADHD in Public Schools" by National Resource Center on ADHD, CHADD
- "The Difference between IEPS and 504 Plans" by Understood.org
Section 4: Resources
These resources do not endorse any services or programs listed, nor are they to be considered an exhaustive listing of organizations or websites. If you find any incorrect information, if you would like to offer feedback, or if you know of additional resources that may be helpful to include in the future, please contact us.